Your position: Tibet travel > Travel guide > How to get the Tibet Entrance Permit?
Travel guide
How to get the Tibet Entrance Permit?
  • What is Tibet Travel Permit?
    Tibet entry permit, which is also called as alien entry permit, entry paper, Tibet visa and etc,.The correct English name is Tibet Travel Permit (TTP). Due to some historical and political reasons, Tibet is still not fully opened to tourists yet. Therefore, apart from Chinese, you need not only China visa but also Tibet travel permit to enter Tibet. Tibet travel permit is different from visa. It is to be used by special people at special area within special period of time. It is temporary permit.

    TTP is issued by Tibet Travel Bureau, supervised by travel industrial management department. If you will go to places beside Lhasa, you need Alien Travel Permit and Military Permit. Both permits will take 7 to 20 working days to get. Tibet Travel Permit, Alien Travel Permit and Military Permit are called Tibet Travel Permit (TTP). To get those permits, you need to provide relevant documents to authorized travel agencies. You can not apply permits by yourself.

    Who should apply for TTP?
    According to Tibet law, only non- Chinese need to apply for TTP in order to enter Tibet.

    People who owns any identity like Chinese passport, Chinese ID,(or Chinese family book), Chinese military certificate, Hongkong ID, Chinese permanent residence permit is considered as Chinese.

    People who own foreign passport, foreign permanent residence permit or green card, Taiwanese need to apply TTP.

    How to apply TTP?
    First, you need to provide copy of valid passport and visa. We will tell you whether you are able to apply or not.

    Second, we will plan your trip according to your request.

    Third, we will provide those documents with travel plan to relevant department to apply TTP for you. It will take 3 to 5 working days to complete an application for a short trip, or 20 working days for a much longer trip.

    Other relevant rules of TTP
    1. According to the rule, foreign tourists are not allowed to travel on their own in Tibet, you have to join in a group to travel.

    2. Before applying TTP, we need to know your occupation.

    3. We will arrange TTP for you only if you have any kind of visa like L visa, D visa, F visa, Z visa and X visa.

    4. With L visa, you only need to provide copy of passport and visa.

    5. With D visa, you need to provide work (or settled) proof. With F visa, you need to provide letter of invitation from your employer. With Z visa, we need your employment letter. With X visa, we need your school letter.

    6. If you are diplomats, journalists and government officials, you need to contact the Foreign Affairs Office of the Tibetan Government in order to arrange a permit.

    7. If you are Chinese joined into foreign group, you will need to provide relationship proof, and otherwise you cannot travel together with the group.

    8. Without TTP, you cannot buy flight, train ticket or bus ticket to Tibet.

    9. Once enter into Tibet, your TTP will be kept by your tour guide, and it will be hand to tourist bureau after the trip. The TTP is not allowed to be taken away from Tibet.

Contact us
Join-in Package
Direct access
公司地址:成都市武侯区洗面桥街30号交投大厦(高速大厦)B幢19楼D座 联系电话:028-66637557; 66638753 客服QQ:1605448640
四川省中国青年旅行社天下分社 Tibet travel 版权所有
蜀ICP备11002541号 你是第 位访客