Your position: Tibet travel > FAQs

What are documents required to visit Tibet?

There are overall four documents required for foreign tourists who want to travel freely in Tibet.

  1. A valid Chinese Visa, which you can apply for in Chinese Embassy in your country (If you go to Tibet via mainland China).
  2. A Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB), which you have to obtain in order to enter Tibet.
  3. The Alien Travel Permit (PSB) when you are planning to travel to the 'unopened' areas in Tibet.
  4. The other is the Military Permit, which you have to obtain if you are planning to travel to some military sensitive areas.


Who should apply for Tibet permit(TTB)
 1. According to Tibet law, only non- Chinese need to apply for TTP in order to enter Tibet.

2. People who owns any identity like Chinese passport, Chinese ID,(or Chinese family book), Chinese military certificate, Hongkong ID, Chinese permanent residence permit is considered as Chinese.

3. All kinds of people can get Tibet permit through a travel agency except: diplomats, journalists, and government officials who should travel to Tibet under the arrangement by the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.


How to apply Tibet permit(TTB)?

1. You need to provide copy of valid passport and visa to us. We will tell you whether you are able to apply or not.

2. We will plan your trip according to your request.

3. We will provide those documents with travel plan to relevant department to apply permits for you. It will take 3 to 5 working days to complete an application for a short trip, or 20 working days for a much longer trip.


Other Important Issues about Tibet Permit (TTB)

1. According to the rule, foreign tourists are not allowed to travel on their own in Tibet, you have to join in a group to travel.

2. Before applying permit, we need to know your occupation.

3. We will arrange permit for you only when you are with any kinds of visa like L visa, D visa, F visa, Z visa and X visa.

4. With L visa, you only need to provide copy of passport and visa.

5. With D visa, you need to provide work (or settled) proof. With F visa, you need to provide letter of invitation from your employer. With Z visa, we need your employment letter. With X visa, we need your school letter.

6. If you are Chinese joined into foreign group, you will need to provide relationship proof, and otherwise you cannot travel together with the group.

7. Without TTB, you cannot buy flight, train ticket or bus ticket to Tibet.

8. Once enter into Tibet, your TTB will be kept by your tour guide, and it will be passed to tourist bureau after the trip. The TTP is not allowed to be taken away from Tibet.

Contact us
Join-in Package
Direct access
公司地址:成都市武侯区洗面桥街30号交投大厦(高速大厦)B幢19楼D座 联系电话:028-66637557; 66638753 客服QQ:1605448640
四川省中国青年旅行社天下分社 Tibet travel 版权所有
蜀ICP备11002541号 你是第 位访客